“This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
- The Psalms are great place to read about the extremes of human emotions. Find a few verses that that reveal the writer’s enthusiasm for our God.
“For you shall go out in joy, and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall burst into song, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.” ~ Isaiah 55:12
- It is not just humankind that enthusiastically praises our God. If we are aware, we can witness all of creation sharing in this enthusiasm.
- We all need things in our lives that bring us joy. What are the things your life that are easy for you to approach with excitement and enthusiasm?
- It is easy to be enthusiastic about the things that we love to do, but how can we enthusiastically approach the mundane, the needed but difficult, the “if I have to” tasks of everyday life?
- How does your faith affect the way you approach your daily activities and interactions?
- What does an intentionally enthusiastic faith life look like to you?
"Long before children understand fully what is going on in worship and what is sung and what is said, they are absorbing tremendous amounts of what is valuable," like their parents enthusiasm for their faith. The challenge of the faith community is getting parents and children to experience deep, authentic joy when experiencing the presence of God through worship.